on your side

Personal injury solicitors news – Popcorn lung case settled for seven figures

21st September 2012

It certainly is an unusual product liability claim as it involves the kind of illness more typically represented by industrial disease lawyers than product defect personal injury solicitors.

However, a jury hearing the case in a Colorado court agreed with the claimant’s contention that the popcorn manufacturer should have warned consumers of the dangers of inhaling the popcorn dust.

The case is not the first of its kind – just last year another man received a multi-million pound settlement in similar circumstances, while staff from popcorn plants have also secured damages after developing respiratory symptoms as a result of working with the causal chemical, diacetyl.

The man’s personal injury solicitors succeeded in apportioning liability of 80 percent to the popcorn manufacturer and the remaining 20 percent to the supermarket which sold it.

News
Please recommend us if you liked this post: