Inquest rules that a toddler died from dehydration
Last March, the three-year-old was vomiting and had not consumed food or drink for three days. Consequently, her parents took her to hospital where a medical professional allegedly did not carry out a proper examination – even conducting the tests while the patient was laying across two chairs instead of a suitable bed.
After the inspection, the medical practitioner prescribed antibiotics and allowed the patient to be taken home. Sadly, the child passed away the following day.
An inquest into the toddler’s death ruled that she had died as a result of neglect and dehydration. Moreover, the coroner believed that she might have recovered if the doctor carried out proper medical checks.
Speaking on behalf of the hospital, a spokesman apologised and stated that the organisation would be making improvements. Although this will likely be of little comfort to the toddler’s parents, these changes may prevent others from suffering the effects of medical negligence.News