on your side

Hit and run accidents compensation claims

It is bad enough being involved in a car crash but when the driver responsible leaves the scene without waiting to check if victims have been injured or damage has been caused, a personal injury solicitor from George Ide LLP will be needed to help you obtain justice after a hit and run accident.

The Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) exists to make compensation payments to road traffic accident victims who have been involved with an uninsured driver but it will also act where a driver cannot be traced.

However, before it can become involved, the claimant has to show that all efforts to contact the errant motorist have been made. If not already investigating, the police need to be notified within five days of an accident so that attempts can be made to find the suspected driver.

Your vehicle insurance company will also want the maximum steps to be taken to trace the person responsible for causing damage or injury to you so that liability for compensation can be settled.

If you have been involved in a hit and run accident in the Chichester area or further afield, no doubt, you will be shocked after the incident, as well as potentially suffering from consequences of an injury, but help is at hand from the specialist personal injury lawyers at George Ide who have experience and knowledge of similar legal situations.

We can complete paperwork on your behalf for submission to the MIB and, if necessary, represent your interests with the organisation so that you can receive appropriate compensation.

Whether your vehicle has been damaged by an uninsured driver or you and any passengers have been hurt in a hit and run accident, the sympathetic professional law team will guide you through the procedure to see it to a fair conclusion.

For free initial advice about your hit and run accident from a personal injury solicitor, please call our West Sussex offices today. Alternatively, to find out more about our team of personal injury solicitors please click on our solicitor profiles.